Q: Can Limited Company act as shareholder or director of another limited company?
A: Yes, but 2014 New Companies Ordinance requires that every private company must have at least one director who is a natural person.
Q: When can I get the certificate of incorporation and business registration certificate for my company after the application?
A: Normally, for paper submission, the Certificate of Incorporation and Business Registration Certificate of a company limited by shares will be issued on the 4th working days.
Q: Is there any requirement on the minimum amount of paid up capital upon application for incorporation or commencement of business?


There is no requirement on the minimum amount of a company’s paid-up capital under the Companies Ordinance.
Q: Is there any requirement on other amount of nominal share capital and the number of founder members of a local company limited by shares?
A: The Companies Ordinance has not prescribed any requirement for a minimum amount of nominal share capital. A local company limited by shares shall be formed by at least one founder member taking at least one share of the  company.
Q: May a non-Hong Kong resident be appointed as a director and secretary of a local limited company?
A: A non-Hong Kong resident can be appointed as a director of a local limited company. The secretary, if an individual, should ordinarily reside in Hong Kong. For corporate secretary, its registered office or place of business should be in Hong Kong.
Q: Can a sole director of the company act as the secretary too?
A: No. The Companies Ordinance expressly prohibits the sole director from acting as the company secretary. Besides, the Companies Ordinance stipulates that a private company cannot appoint a corporate secretary if the sole director of the corporate secretary is also the sole director of the company.
Q: Could non-Hong Kong residents in corporate a limited company in Hong Kong?


Yes. Non-Hong Kong residents could incorporate a limited company in Hong Kong.
Q: Can the registration office of a local limited company be situated outside Hong Kong?


No. The registered office must be situated in Hong Kong.
FAQs of Formation of Hong Kong Company 1

Should you have any enquires, please complete the form below and we will reply to you soon.

    Enquiry Form

    Please fill in the following form, our professionals will reply to you after receiving your enquiry.
    * Required field

    First Name: *
    Last Name: *
    Salutation: * Mr.Miss.Mrs.
    Email: *
    Contact No.: *
    Question: *
    Related Services